According to the Oregon Department of Parks and Recreation, the nesting season of the western snowy plover, a small shorebird that lays its eggs and raises its young in the open dry sand, is now underway.
The nesting season begins on area beachesRead More
Michael Bell Japanese Swordsmith and Artisan
Hidden on a hillside along the Coquille River, not far from Bandon, world renowned craftsman and Dragonfly Forge founder Michael Bell practices an art more than a thousand years old:Read More
BEST EGGS BENEDICT 2013
While there is much confusion over the origin of Eggs Benedict, one story published in the New Yorker in 1942 has the dish being first prepared as a hangover remedy in 1894.
As the story goes, Lemuel Benedict, aRead More
- Chicken Fried Steak isn’t for the faint of heart. If you’re worried about fat and cholesterol or afraid that fried foods will clog your pump, move on – there’s nothing to see here. However, if you love fried foods in all their crispy glory, revel inRead More
If your holiday gift giving includes locally produced items such as fruits, vegetables, artisan breads, cheesecakes, jewelry, arts and crafts, then Bandon’s Old Town Marketplace Holiday Market is the place for you.
The Holiday Market begins itsRead More
Dave's Pizza is BACK!!!
Three long years after a fire destroyed Dave's Pizza, IT IS BACK! And mouths are watering throughout the county! Most locals will remember owners, Dave and Theresa Sherwood, who ran the former pizzeriaRead More
The Holidays are a perfect time to view the annual holiday lights display at Shore Acres State Park.
Always a hit, the community tradition featuring more than 300,000 LED lights is open every night beginning Thanksgiving Day through New Year’sRead More
Located in the Oregon Cranberry Capital of Bandon, Cranberry Sweets has been turning the bright red locally grown berries into confections for more than 50 years.
For many years Oregon’s cranberries were a lackluster industry with tart berriesRead More
October 15, 2013 Food & Drink
Friday Chef’s Table at OC Culinary Institute Is Back!
OCCI offers wonderful culinary lunch and dinners as part of their externship program.
Lunch is $10 and you will receive a three course delectable pub style lunch that willRead More
- Winter Whale Watch Week, an annual event much anticipated along the Oregon Coast by residents and visitors alike, will take place immediately after the Christmas holiday during the last five days of December. During those five days, volunteers willRead More
- Area Attractions
- Featured Story
- Food & Drink
- The Arts
- Art Publications
- Arts Stories and Reviews
- Books and Publishers
- Event Centers
- Live Theater
- Visual Arts
- Travel Services
- Fishing Guides & Charter Boat Services
- Fishing Licenses & Bait Shops
- Fishing Stories and Reviews
- General Services & Resources
- Lodging and Vacation Rentals by Location
- Oregon Cities Mileage Chart
- Calendar of Best Events
- Arts and Craft Fairs
- Culture & Museums
- Film Festival or Premiere
- Fish and Wildlife
- Foot Race
- Holidays and Special Events
- Live Music
- Live Theater
- Motorcycle Run
- Poker Run
- Ribbon Cutting/Grand Opening
- Sand Dune Related
- Science & Nature
- Show and Shine
- Sporting Event
- Stand Up Comedy Show